The ARMA International Education Foundation is currently seeking up to six (3 US, 3CA) researchers to work with us on a freelance basis. Each paper will identify the state of information management within the industry, highlighting records management in a condensed report (25-30 pages) for each of the following initial industries to be addressed: energy, finance, and legal. A report is to be generated for each topic by a subject matter expert (SME) to provide distinct United States and Canadian perspectives. It is conceivable that a SME with expertise and extensive experience in both countries could conduct research for both reports in a specific industry. In this case, the researcher would be awarded two contracts: one for the United States project, and one for the Canadian project. The Foundation would like to see this research address, at a minimum, the following questions:
* For the purposes of this research, define the scope of this industry and its role in the general economy.
* What is the primary regulatory agency or oversight body that oversees the industry?
* What are the information management-related risks for the industry?
* What record categories are critical to this industry and central to its operations?
* What are the primary laws and regulations that effect information management?
* What operational considerations affect information management?
* What are industry best practices for information management?
* What is the future outlook for the industry?
* Are records managers present in the industry? If not, who manages and controls the records?
The report will be reviewed prior to publication. A Foundation liaison will be assigned to the project and be a resource with the subject matter expert through its duration.
Available Funding: $2,000.00 (USD) per topic, per country, paid in three installments ($500, $500, $1,000).
Contract Term: To be negotiated. Goal is 3-6 months from the date of signed contract.
Applications: Please send a resume with a cover letter detailing why you are the person for this project, relevant experience, and suggestions for the project as email attachments to: email@example.com
Copyright: Copyright will be retained by the Foundation.
Deadline for Applications: February 9, 2018
The AIEF is a funding resource for research and scholarships in the field of records and information management. The primary funding source is derived from concerned individuals and organizations in the profession. The Foundation is a 501(c) 3 non-profit entity. Potential donors are invited to contact the foundation administration for additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://armaedfoundation.org for additional information about the organization.