The University of South Carolina Department of History seeks an Associate Editor to assist in the editing and preparation of the digital edition of the Papers of the Revolutionary Era Pinckney Statesmen.**
Minimum qualification: MA in American History or closely related field, experience in scholarly editing.
Preferred qualifications: ABD or PhD in American History or closely related field, with knowledge of early national South Carolina history, diplomatic history, or military history. A reading and translation ability in French or Spanish is desirable but not required.
- Researching new documents, creating original transcriptions of texts, and verification (proofreading) of transcriptions of texts against source document for accuracy and formatting.
- Conducting detailed research for annotation (broader subjects as well as identifications and cross references); drafting and editing of annotation and editorial notes.
- Entry of texts and annotation information and citations into the DocTracker database system
- Assisting Project Director with grant applications and grant reports
- Assisting in preparation of digital files for publisher.
- Supervising student workers and/or interns.
Job is posted at the University of South Carolina jobs website, http://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/26760 . Position will remain open until filled.
**This is a full-time temporary position ending on September 30, 2020 with possibility of extension.