The Michigan Archival Association Program Committee is seeking session proposals for the 2023 Virtual Conference on Monday, June 19 – Tuesday, June 20, 2023. You do not need to be an MAA member to present and we are also happy to contact people to fill in our program. So if you know someone working on an interesting project, please let us know!
Possible session topics include, but are not limited to:
- All things digital (access, preservation, new technologies, etc.)
- Archivists in non-traditional settings (e.g., private archives, consultants, corporate)
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
- Career planning/advice
- Cataloging and metadata
- Collections management
- Donor relations/cultivation
- Exhibits on a budget
- Fostering a diverse and inclusive profession
- Fundraising and grant writing
- Invisible labor
- Promoting collections
- Records Management
- Repository round-up (short updates on projects presented at past conferences)
- Web archiving, preserving social media
Please consider using the MAA 2023 Session Proposal Collaboration spreadsheet to find others interested in your topic.
To submit a proposal, please complete the MAA 2023 Annual Meeting Session Proposal form. Proposals are due by January 20, 2023.
There will be a separate call for poster session proposals in early 2023.
Thank you and please feel free to spread the word! Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to hearing from you!
MAA Program Committee
Elizabeth Nicholson, Chair
elizabethanicholson at gmail dot com
elandav at msu dot edu