Call for Papers: The International Journal of Information, Diversity, & Inclusion (IJIDI)–Special Issue
“Engaging Disability: Social Science Perspectives on Information and Inclusion”
The International Journal of Information, Diversity, & Inclusion (IJIDI) invites submissions for a special issue focused on social scientific perspectives on information and disability inclusion and empowerment. We welcome full research papers that make a novel contribution to this area of research; this may be empirical, theory-based, methodological, and/or practical in nature, and we encourage international perspectives and collaborations. We will also have a special section for student work, works in progress, opinion pieces, and professional reports.
Extended abstracts of up to 1,000 words for full research papers and up to 500 words for contributions to the special section are due by 31 October 2018. Authors will be notified of acceptance in mid-November, and final papers will be due by 1 March 2019.
We seek submissions from different disciplines and perspectives for this special issue of IJIDI. The goal of this special issue is to bring together researchers who focus specifically on Engaging Disability. Topics and themes related to disability and information access may include, but will not be limited to:
- Physical, intellectual, and socio-cultural barriers and supports related to disability, information access, and inclusion
- Analysis of international information policy considerations of disability
- Hidden/invisible/latent disability
- Engaging and including disability in libraries, museums, archives, and other information organizations
- Disability and employment in LIS
- Disability and higher education in LIS
- Faculty and librarians with disabilities: Is technology inclusive or exclusive?
- Accessibility and usability (broadly conceived)
- Children and youth with disabilities in the context of information concepts
- Intersectionality and disability: Exploring multiple identities
- The disability culture: Information and technology issues
Kim M. Thompson of the University of South Carolina will be guest editor for this issue, which is scheduled for publication in October 2019. Please contact KimThompson@sc.edu should you have any questions about this call. IJIDI Author Guidelines are available at: http://publish.lib.umd.edu/IJIDI/about/submissions#authorGuidelines
Schedule: Call for Papers: October 2018
Extended Abstracts due: 31 October 2018 (with notification of acceptance by mid-November 2018)
Accepted Papers due: 1 March 2019
Peer Review: March 2019
Revised Papers due: 1 July 2019
Publication: October 2019 (issue 4)