Though focused on music librarianship, the call includes mentions aspects also applicable to archives and special collections.
We are excited to invite submissions from practitioners, scholars, activists, and students on the theme of Diversity and Inclusion in Music Librarianship for a special issue of Music Reference Services Quarterly (MRSQ).
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
* Diversity initiatives in music librarianship
* Inclusive management practices
* Social justice in music libraries
* Collection development techniques to support diverse constituents
* Inclusive practices in resource cataloging or description
* Accessibility and digital musical content delivery
* Accessibility and music library facilities
* Diversity and/or inclusion in music librarianship education
And finally, given ALA Midwinter conversations:
* Neutrality in (music) libraries
MRSQ is a peer-reviewed journal published by Taylor & Francis.
Deadline for initial submissions is August 1, 2018. Articles tentatively accepted by editors will subsequently go through double-blind peer-review. Please email both editors if you would like to discuss article ideas or questions: email@example.com and ANA@mailbox.sc.edu
Ana Dubnjakovic and Rachel Scott
Co-editor-in-chief | Music Reference Services Quarterly