Four times a year, History News magazine brings you the latest discussions, developments, and innovations in the field of state and local history. That mission includes reviewing books on theoretical and practical topics that our members and readers are talking about and using in their daily work. AASLH is building our pool of book reviewers for History News, and we want you to get involved.
Apply to be a book reviewer and share your expertise with the field. We will match you with a book according to your interests, and send you a complimentary copy to review.
- Have expertise and experience in the book’s topic or sub-field
- Can discuss how the book will contribute to public history and relate it to similar works
- Commit to writing a 500-word review that summarizes and analyzes the book’s thesis or topic
- Work with our editors to meet deadlines and craft a great review
Here are some of the titles we’ve reviewed recently:
- A Practical Guide to Museum Ethics by Sally Yerkovich (Rowman & Littlefield, 2017)
- The Past and Future City: How Historic Preservation is Reviving America’s Communities by Stephanie Meeks (Island Press, 2016)
- Keeping Their Marbles: How the Treasures of the Past Ended Up in Museums… And Why They Should Stay There by Tiffany Jenkins (Oxford University Press, 2016)
- Collection Care: An Illustrated Handbook for the Care and Handling of Cultural Objects by Brent A. Powell (Rowman & Littlefield, 2016)
- The Art of Relevance by Nina Simon (Museum 2.0, 2016)
Apply online: http://blogs.aaslh.org/aaslh-call-for-book-reviewers/