ALHHS 2016-17 Call for Publication Awards Nominations
The Archivists and Librarians in the History of Health Sciences (ALHHS) is currently seeking nominations for its three Publication Awards.
Nominations can be from one of three categories:
- Monographs published by academic or trade publishers.
- Articles published in journals, trade or private periodicals of recognized standing.
- Online resources produced predominantly by ALHHS members.
All nominations must meet the following criteria:
- Published within 3 years of the award date.
- Author(s) must be ALHHS member(s) in good standing.
- The nominated monograph, article, or electronic resource is related to the history of the health care sciences or works on the bibliography, librarianship and/or curatorship of historical collections in the health care sciences.
Nominations that meet each of the above criteria will be considered by the Publications Award Committee. The Committee will look for the following benchmarks of excellence when evaluating qualifying nominations: quality and style of writing, contribution to the field, and relevance to the profession.
Up to one Publication Award in each category will be presented at the 2017 annual meeting in Nashville, Tennessee. Winners do not need to be present to win.
To nominate a work, please send 3 copies of a printed work (photocopies or PDFs of articles are acceptable) or the URL for an online resource to the Awards Committee Chair. Please include along with all nominations a cover letter giving the item’s complete citation (including all authors, publisher, and publication date) and the category under which the nomination falls (i.e. Monograph, Article, or Online Resource). Authors may nominate their own works. Re-nominations are also allowed, so long as the nominated publication still falls within the 3-year time period.
The ALHHS Publications Awards Committee
Emily R. Novak Gustainis, Chair
Phoebe Evans Letocha