The Digital Initiatives Symposium at the University of San Diego is accepting proposals for its full day conference on Tuesday, April 28, 2020. We welcome proposals from a wide variety of organizations, including colleges and universities of all sizes, community colleges, public libraries, special libraries, museums, and other cultural memory institutions.
Proposals should fall into one of two formats:
- Concurrent sessions: 45 minutes (please allow 10-15 minutes for Q&A); 1-2 speakers.
- Lightning talks: 10 minutes; limited to one speaker
This year, we are especially interested in proposals from international applicants and/or proposals with international perspectives. We will be welcoming keynote speakers Reggie Raju (University of Cape Town, South Africa) and Arianna Becerril-Garcia (Redalyc).
Other relevant topics include:
- social justice and open access
- the future of open access
- data management and sharing; open data
- Linked data
- open educational resources
- curation of digital collections
- digital initiatives in instruction and undergraduate research
- roles for deans and directors in digital and institutional repository initiatives
- roles for disciplinary faculty in digital and institutional repository initiatives
- diverse repository platforms and functions
- digital humanities
- copyright, licensing, and privacy issues
- collaboration: interdisciplinary initiatives and collaboration within and between campuses
- scholarly communication
- technical applications related to platforms or tools
- web archiving
- web annotation
Submit your proposal at digital.sandiego.edu/symposium (Click on “Submit Proposal” on the left sidebar.) Please note:
- In the interest of providing a rich, face-to-face experience for attendees, virtual / remote presentations and lightning talks will not be accepted.
- All submissions will be evaluated based on the relevance of the topic and potential to advance thinking about digital initiatives, institutional repositories, and scholarly communication. Acceptance is competitive.
- Registration fees will be waived for accepted presenters.
Proposal deadline: Friday, Nov. 22, 2019