I have often seen people post requests to listservs, social media, or other places for ideas on literature to read on topics. It can be time consuming to do the research to find helpful and relevant information, and often someone else has already done it.
Therefore, I created a new page for Bibliographies. I started with SAA, SAA Sections, and did some other searching to start this compilation. I know there are many, many more out there, so please send me ones you’ve created or ones you know will be helpful to other archivists.
To stay within the goals of this blog, I’m looking for bibliographies that are directly beneficial to archivists, the work we do, and the knowledge we need. Here are some guidelines:
- Focused on articles, books, and scholarly works
- Grounded in, but not limited to, archival literature
- May include works by our allied and related professions
- May include supplemental resources (e.g. websites, blogs, etc.)
- Can be in any format: Word, PDF, websites, Zotero, Google Docs, etc.
Have ideas for a topic where a bibliography doesn’t exist? Create one! And if you’re not sure how or where to start, let me know and let’s work together to start one.
I am very open to recommendations – I want this to be a helpful resource for archivists so please be in touch with any ideas.