When you work in archives, you collect many stories from the past—some touching, some hilarious, some unbelievable but true. With the Archives Short Fiction Contest, the SAA Publications Board invites you to try your hand at creating the story, using archives as the main character. The contest is open to all members of SAA.
- The story must feature an archives, an archivist, or archival materials.
- Stories must be no more than 3,000 words in length and must be submitted in MS Word.
- One submission per entrant.
- Please do not submit work that has been previously published.
- Submissions will be evaluated by a jury of three archivists (to be determined by the SAA Publications Board), who will select a winner.
- Winner will receive a cash prize of $250. The winning entry will be published in Archival Outlook and as a featured item on the SAA website.
- Author retains copyright but grants permission to SAA to publish winning entry.
- All work must be submitted to FictionContest@archivists.org. Submissions will be accepted August 1 to October 31, 2018.